Tuesday 11 October 2011

Uninteresting post number two

Here I am, on my final day of being fifteen. And what better way to spend it than sat at my computer screen created my second uninteresting blog post? I can think of lots of ways.
But never mind that.
My friends, are the most awesome set of friends you will ever meet. If you traveled all around the world looking for a more awesome bunch of people you would not succeed. And I'm so grateful, because everyday the world tries to make you crazy, I swear. It's sending you to the brink of insanity, dangling from the cliffs of normal, average, happy teenager, above a swirling evil sea of scary. And everyday we're all holding on, but we can't hold on forever. That's what friends are for. To either hold you up, or dive in with you. That's how it works.
And honestly, I love all of my friends. My life wouldn't be the same without them, it's true. But sometimes, I look at some of them and think how much they've changed for the worse. They were once sweet, innocent, over-friendly and happy the way they were, original, unique, that's the way they were no questions asked. But now, I look at them and I don't see that person, anymore. They try to blend in. They try to be a part of the crowd, to draw no attention to themselves. And I wonder why. Because the only way you're ever going to get anywhere is by standing away from the other people. Showing this crazy world what you've got. Pulling yourself up from the cliff edge with the superhuman strength it requires and walking away from that sea of scary. But right now, they're so close to falling in. And I will do my best to help them out, pull them back again, but sometimes you've just got to let it happen. It's the way of the world. It'll do everything it can to send you over the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment